+61 7 5464 6508
AAA Green Star and Eco Nature accreditation
We are genuine in our desire to deliver a product for the good of the environment and our guests.
Due to continued support and commitment to our environment, and adhrering to rigorous environmental requirements, we are proud to now be officially endorsed as Environmentally Friendly Ecotourism accommodation.
Climate Change benefits associated with staying at Scenic Rim View Cottages
We believe everyone should have the opportunity to enjoy a holiday, to relax and most importantly
not worry about their impact on the environment when taking a well deserved break.
That is why we have introduced a series of measures to minimise our Climate Change impact. These include
using 100% Accredited Green Renewable Energy, recycling and installation of Green light bulbs with a cost of over $2,500 in replacement bulbs in the last year. Our responsible travel policy, aims to make us more sustainable.
Our CO2 footprint was considerably reduced in 2008. It is now very small, which we fully offset, making us carbon neutral.
Use of treated waste water and water stored in tanks
- Treated waste water is used on gardens by base injection.
- Water supply is generally from roof ‘run-off’.
- The corrugated iron catchment area where the iron is painted meets the standard for collection of potable water as do all PVC fittings.
- Poly tanks have a mesh filter designed to prevent the entry of foreign material.
- Cover to PVC pipes entry of tank prevents UV light entering and causing algal-bloom.
- Drinking water passes through a range of micro filters to remove potential contaminates.
- Fire hydrant locations have signs warning ‘not for consumption’.
Commitment to environmental sustainability
- 3 cottages have LPG installations for the heating on-demand of hot water and cook tops. The
gas heating appliances have a rating of 5 stars out of a possible 6.
- Water supply for the complex is collected from rainwater run-off from the roof structures
- All waste water, both sewage and grey water, are gravity fed into an Ozzi-Kleen environmentally friendly sewage system and grey water used on gardens.
- Exterior lights are timer controlled as is pool which also has salt water chlorinator.
- Separate bins for recycled material and general material.
- Air conditioners installed in cottages and Managers’ residence are energy efficient.
- Wood fires are supplied with timber cut from fallen logs. The wood fires have a convection control which allows the fire to combust slowly.
- Lighting throughout the cottages is dimmer controlled. The cottages have been built to an energy efficient climate zone 2 rating.
- All windows are fitted with shade hoods.
- The buildings are positioned to face West. Interior of the cottages and front verandahs are protected from the morning sun. All windows are fitted with quality timber blinds to allow management of sunlight. Opposing windows with sliding glass panels allow natural cross-ventilation. Quality thermal drapes are used to cover the large glass
- By maintaining water to the dam, laying 1000 metres of turf and establishing native gardens, the environment is sustainable, eco friendly, attractive and has resulted in the return of wildlife including native birds, ducks and kangaroos.
- Manager's residence converted to LPG for instant hot water and commercial cooking appliances
Carbon Offset Program
Guests can offset the carbon emissions from their return journey to Scenic Rim View Cottages. We
do this by planting trees on our property. And to enhance their value we only select local native
tree species and plant appropriate understory plants to improve the biodiversity. The plants are
propagated on site and every guest receives a gift, absolutely free to plant on site or take home.
A car will emit on average 2.6 grams of CO2 per litre. By planting a tree at Scenic Rim View
Cottages your journey's CO2 can be offset.
This way you can help the environment and during your visit take part in the positive beautification
of the Scenic Rim. Alternatively you may offset through Conservation Volunteers Australia or go to
Tips to help reduce your emissions while travelling and on holiday
- Plan your route to minimise carbon emissions. Scenic Rim View Cottages provides free transfers from Rosewood Station.
- If you are flying then you can offset the carbon emission by either planting trees at Scenic Rim View Cottages or by calculating the total carbon emissions and offset through Conservation Volunteers Australia.
- Walking and using the cycle tracks - Scenic Rim View Cottages provides free use of mountain bikes - 2 per guest room.
- Buy locally made arts & crafts and foods.
- Scenic Rim View Cottages is also an active supporter of the - Friends of the Brush Tailed Rock Wallaby - and World Vision Water for Life as well as the local Boonah Tourism Association.
Scenic Rim View Cottages
357 Old Rosevale Road, Warrill View, Boonah District, Scenic Rim Region, Queensland, Australia.
Phone +61 7 5464 6508 Email
GO TO TOP